Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Poverty

While John McCain's presidential campaign is suffering from a poverty of ideas in which he really believes and that the conservatives he is courting really believe, John Edwards is touring some of the poorest areas of our country and, reminiscent of Bobby Kennedy, reminding us of how too many of us live. His message is about "presidential failure and governmental neglect." Sometimes celebrity, even political celebrity, is a good thing. Check out this site and all the links, which make my point:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12017456

People may poke fun at Edwards, a rich man, focusing so much attention on the poor, but I say: God bless!

1 comment:

West said...

I feel you.

I truly believe in finding out the "why's" of certain actions, but sometimes, that pales in-comparison to the end-results.

I'm hoping for good things, even while retaining a bit of skepticism about Mr. Edwards.