Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Remember Malcolm X Today

He was murdered 42 years ago in New York City by Black people. At whose behest is still debated, but Black men fired the shots in the Audubon Ballroom. Malcolm's been dead longer than the 39 years he walked and spoke among US. As is the case with Martin Luther King Jr., as time goes by, his image becomes less radical than it was as he lived. He's an image on a piece of headgear or a T-shirt. He's the name of a street in Harlem that we denizens still call Lenox Avenue.

Let's remember the radical, non-conformist, in-your-face and media-savvy Malcolm "by any means necessary"!!!

3 comments:

West said...

Indeed. I'll post a link.

viperteq said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
viperteq said...

For some reason Google is acting an A$$ and not letting me leave a username and email since I no longer write to my Blogger account. Anyway, I'm in, but since you don't allow trackbacks, you can come to my blog: 7 And A Crescent.