Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My First Colonoscopy

I'd postposed this procedure twice, but finally got it done yesterday. And, now as with all new converts, I am proselytizing.

Get yourself tested to determine if you are at risk of various colo-rectal problems, including cancer. Check out this informative Web site:

http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/Colonoscopy-16695

Other than making up your mind to have the exam, the hardest part is prepping the day before, when you drink a fluid designed to, shall we say, "clean out your system." Then there's no eating until after the exam the next day. The procedure was relatively brief and very much painless as I was admnistered a sedative intravenously.

I'll do this again in five years.

4 comments:

West said...

I think it's wonderful that you're willing to put yourself out there, like this, for the benefit of others.

I'll link to this post, in my chatbox, and I'll try to remember to bring up the topic to friends and loved-ones.

I'll try to remember to talk to a doctor about this.

ER Shipp said...

Try???? Do it!!!

West said...

I've got quite a bit of medical/dental stuff at the top of my list of priorities, right now - especially dental. When the more pressing stuff is resolved and I find a new pcp, I'll get right on it.

ER Shipp said...

I'll take you at your word and remind you in a month or so!