Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Oh, Heck. My Family Didn't Win...

Upon hearing that one winner of this humongous MegaMillions lottery was someone in Georgia and then getting a constant busy signal at my mother's phone in Conyers, Ga., I just let myself imagine that she'd won and that the line was busy with congratulation calls. Of course, I was thinking that in her generosity, if she had won, she'd kick a million or so my way!

Oh, well...

Someone had left the phone off the hook.

Congratulations to whoever won. And please be smart and generous in handling all that cash. Remember Luke 12:48:

"For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask more."

1 comment:

West said...

My mom gave me the bad news, last night. :)